So in this brief post we’re going to highlight five areas that things you need to consider when approaching Linkedin for business as a means of networking or developing your business or personal profile.
1. Complete your personal profile – ensure that all sections are complete; photo, experience, contact inmation, website(s), social media profiles, education and skills & expertise.
2. Join groups of interest – choose by industry, interest, skills and engage in conversations with others within the group. And don’t be shy, you can start a conversation if you like too!
3. Consider your keywords – think about what people who may be interested in you as an employee or a service provider will search by; are these specific terms included in your profile? Could they be included in your title?
4. Make connections – look up colleagues past and present, business associates, friends. Frequently you’ll find that your connections may be a way to link up with somebody so you can ask an introduction.
5. Create a page your business and encourage people to follow it news and updates – add a button linking to your page to emails, website, blog and once you’ve created the page, use it.
Linkedin is your professional self online, approach it as you would a meeting with a potential customer or job interview and use it to s off your best side as even though you may not have connected with somebody yet doesn’t mean they haven’t been checking you out!